Update, Nov 2008:
All FCS locations now carry the renewed 2008 FCS. The site has been updated to reflect this, including new prices and the wig list. For further info see the September update below. The old version of FCS with the lower price and the older wigs is no longer available to be ordered at any location.
Note that the English wig names and eye colour names have been updated to reflect what is in the 2008 LA FCS catalogue.
Update, Sep 2008:
please read carefully as this is a bit complicated. ^^;
First of all, as of September 13th, the standard Tenshi no Sumika FCS has been renewed. The following changes have been made:
- All FCS prices have been raised by 5,000yen. This means that MSD FCS is now 49,000yen (51,450yen with tax), SD boy/girl and SD13 girl FCS is now 81,800yen (85,890yen with tax) and SD13 boy FCS is now 87,000yen (91,530yen with tax).
- The previously Sato-only heads SD F-33 and F-34 and MSD F-16 and F-17 are now available at all Sumika locations.
- KIPS now come as a standard default for all FCS dolls, at no extra cost. (Previously you paid extra for them.) Normal skintone dolls will get KIPS in normal skintone colour, and white skintone dolls will get KIPS in either normal or white skintone colour.
- All FCS heads now come with the 'Schpitt' function by default, which is magnets that allow the headcap to be attached and removed easily. Previously this was dependant on the newness of the head, but now all heads will have it.
- The SD girl suwarikko body that has been previously only available with LE dolls is now a standard FCS option. The body is B-09, and the legs are L-03. The body and legs must be ordered together as a set. The legs are the same length as standard L-01 legs.
- The Order Makeup options now have two additions: you can specify how you would like teeth painted on headmolds that have teeth (this option is available for SD only, not MSD) and you can also request freckles and/or beauty spots (moles). If you request freckles or beauty spots, you can specify the colour, the density, the size, and the desired area for them.
- The most recent sailor suit style Omukae Outfits that were previously available at Sato only are now available at all Sumika locations. They will only be available until they are sold out, at which time they will not be restocked.
- The wig list has been completely reordered. This is where it gets a little complicated. Volks have also renewed their standard wig lineup and have discontinued a large number of wig styles entirely, as well as discontinuing some colours for wigs that were not entirely discontinued. Some of the discontinued wigs have become FCS only, while others have been dropped entirely, from both the standard and FCS lineup. In addition, Volks has added 5 new colours to their standard lineup, but these colours have not yet been made available via FCS.The details are as follows:
- The following wigs are now FCS-only: MSD wigs W-85N, W-101N, W-105N, and W-114N, SD wigs W-05, W-45, W-55, W-74, W-85, W-92, W-100, W-101, W-109, and W-113 and DD wigs W-108D, W-110D and W-120D. Some were previously available both via FCS or at Volks stores, while others were previously only available in stores.
- The following wigs have been dropped entirely: MSD wigs W-15N, W-18N, W-20N, and W-86N, and SD wigs W-01, W-02, W-11, W-18, and W-98. They are no longer available either by FCS or in stores.
- The following wigs have been dropped from FCS: MSD wig W-87N and SD wig W-87. However they are still available in stores.
- Almost all of the remaining FCS wigs have had colours dropped. Some have had colours added as well.
- All FCS wigs that were previously Sato-only are now available at all Sumikas.
In addition to this, at the October 11th event Tenshi no Sato will be getting new Japanese styled Omukae Outfits. These will replace the sailor suit outfits which have moved to the Sumikas. These Japanese styled outfits will only be available at Sato and only until sold out; they will not be restocked.
Furthermore, please note that the Tenshi no Sumika in LA will not being getting these changes until November 1st. It appears they will get all the Sumika changes. Prices will increase to US$539 for MSD, US$900 for SD boy/girl and SD13 girl, and US$957 for SD13 boy.
It is also unknown when the Tenshi no Sumika in Korea will have these changes. (If you have further info, please email me!)
Due to the entirely different wig lists now available between Sumika and Sato/LA, I have split the wig pages into two pages. The Sumika and Sato/LA lists are now on separate pages and will remain that way until the Sato and LA FCS is renewed.
Whew, I hope you got through all that without too much confusion. I think everyone is confused right now, but it all becomes clear when you concentrate on it for awhile! Feel free to email me if you've questions, but please note I am quite busy with work so may be slow with replies. If you want to know something urgently a shopping service may be your best bet.
Where available, pictures have been added of the new headmolds and new Omukae Outfits.